Spain's Jorge Campillo plays a bunker shot on the 10th hole during the second round of the Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Friday, Jan. 24, 2020.
DOHA, Qatar (AP) -- Jorge Campillo lost a two-shot lead with three holes to play Sunday, stayed alive with two long birdie putts in a playoff and won on the fifth extra hole to beat David Drysdale in the Qatar Masters.
On the sixth time playing the 18th hole for the day, Campillo rolled in a 20-foot birdie putt and raised his arm.
Victory was not assured until Drysdale's 18-foot putt to extend the playoff missed to the left.
''It was a tough win, but I'm glad I pulled it off,'' said Campillo, who won for the second straight year on the European Tour.
Winther bogeyed the 16th and 17th holes and shot 72 to tie for third, one stroke out of the playoff, along with Niklas Lemke (65) and Kalle Samooja (69).
- Campillo leads at Qatar MastersThe Peninsula Qatar
- Qatar- Sullivan and Campillo card second 66 for share of leadMENAFN.COM
- Spain's Campillo grabs lead despite late glitchesGulf Times
- David Drysdale in contention for first tour win at Qatar MastersHeraldScotland
- Drysdale duo eye first win at Qatar MastersSport24
- Commercial Bank Qatar Masters: Campillo Leads After Three RoundsPro Golf Now
- SSP Chawrasia shoots 69, gets into top-10 in QatarTimes of India
- Jorge Campillo holds narrow Qatar Masters lead ahead of final roundRTE.ie
- David Drysdale in contention for first European Tour win at 498th attemptSky Sports