LONDON, ENGLAND - JANUARY 08: Ross Barkley of Chelsea makes a pass as Moussa Sissoko of Tottenham Hotspur looks on during the Carabao Cup Semi-Final First Leg match between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea at Wembley Stadium on January 8, 2019 in London, England.
As they falter on their current career path with Chelsea, Danny Drinkwater and Ross Barkley are brothers in arms.
After he eventually made the move to London from Everton, following a long spell on the sidelines, Blues fans hoped he’d be able to regain some of the good form he displayed during his early Toffee years.
As a Premier League winner with Leicester City the previous season, Drinkwater’s transfer fee was somewhat inflated.
Barkley has persevered in trying to resurrect his Chelsea career by staying put, however Frank Lampard clearly doesn’t trust him in his team.
Chelsea have proved to be very astute in their recent transfer dealings and hopefully they have already learnt sufficient lessons from both signings.
- Drinkwater cost Burnley £1m for 149 minutes of football – and flop midfielder could scoop up £14m more back at ChelseaThe Sun
- LIVE: BURNLEY v PETERBOROUGH UNITED: Debut for new signing as Posh seek a first top-flight FA Cup scalp for 55 ...Peterborough Telegraph
- Burnley 1 Peterborough United 0 live: Jay Rodriguez puts Clarets ahead in FA Cup tieLancsLive
- Burnley 3 Peterborough United 1 live: Clarets in charge of FA Cup tieLancsLive
- PREVIEW: Burnley v Peterborough UnitedThe 72 - We Love the Football League
- George Boyd's Burnley switch was sealed after Sean Dyche's Barnfield sales pitchBurnley Express
- 149 minutes in 146 days: Danny Drinkwater to exit BurnleyThe Times
- Drinkwater to return to Chelsea after just two Burnley appearancesSportstar
- Michael Hector officially leaves, Danny Drinkwater officially returns to ChelseaWe Ain't Got No History