The father and son are accused by police in Palm Beach of simple battery, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by PEOPLE.
According to the police report, the two — who were with a group of people — became “agitated” after being denied access to a private event being held at The Breakers, a resort in Palm Beach.
“The group began to get loud and cause a scene, and refused to follow … instructions to leave,” the affidavit stated.
“It was a brief misunderstanding and neither Rod nor Sean were detained,” a source familiar with the situation told PEOPLE.
When contacted for comment, the resort told PEOPLE, “The Breakers Palm Beach has no information to share.”
- Charged with Criminal BatteryTMZ
- Celtic-daft Rod Stewart 'punched kids party employee' in Florida Hogmanay fightThe Scottish Sun
- Rod Stewart reportedly got into a fight at the Breakers on New Year's EveWPEC
- Rod Stewart allegedly hit a resort employee in the NYE fightMash Viral (press release) (blog)
- Rod Stewart Reportedly Punched Resort Employee on New Year's Eve96.3 KKLZ
- Rod Stewart and son Sean charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly punching security on New Year's EveMEAWW
- Rod, Sean Stewart Charged with Criminal BatteryThe Union Journal (blog)
- Family Brawl! Rod Stewart & Son Sean Facing Battery Charges For NYE FightRadar Online
- Rod Stewart accused of batteryTone Deaf