Among the players who stand out on this slate are a pair of quarterbacks with plenty of postseason heroics under their belts, as well as a running back and a wide receiver who both took over as the top options at their respective positions after previously plying their trades with other teams.
Minnesota's star running back has declared himself healthy after missing the last two games with a shoulder injury, and that late-season absence could turn into a blessing in disguise if it gives Cook the edge in freshness he needs to thrive in the postseason.
Minnesota's sure to focus on stopping the Saints' more prominent weapons, so Smith's nose for the end zone makes him a low-risk, high-reward pick at $14, especially if Thomas is limited in any way.
Tyler Lockett , SEA at PHI ($24): Philadelphia's pass defense was especially poor against wide receivers, allowing the fifth-most yards (2,809) and tying for the third-most touchdowns (21) given up to the position.
Dallas Goedert , PHI vs. SEA ($20): With Philadelphia's receiving corps decimated by injuries, Carson Wentz has leaned heavily on his tight ends.
With the Houston crowd sure to be rocking as the Texans get star defensive end J.J. Watt back from a torn pectoral, this one could start to look a lot like Buffalo's 10-3 loss to Jacksonville in this round two years ago.
- NFL Playoff Challenge Fantasy football rankings, optimal picks: Start Michael Thomas on Wild Card WeekendCBSSports.com
- NFL Wild Card Roun Betting Guide: Cheat Sheet, Opening Line & Best PicksSportsbook Review
- PFW's Handicappers Corner: Wild-Card WeekendPro Football Weekly
- NFL Playoff Predictions: Our Picks for the Wild-Card RoundThe New York Times
- Perfect Playoff Picks: Wild Card RoundField Gulls
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Wild Card Round: Advanced model enters top predictionsCBSSports.com
- Buffalo Bills At Houston Texans: 2020 NFL Playoffs Schedule, Odds And Wild Card PredictionsForbes
- Top 5 RB/DST stacks to consider for Wild Card weekend DFSDraftKings Nation
- The NFL playoffs are here! Who will win a fancy hat?The A.V. Club