Bilbao took an early lead through Ander Capa at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan and while an own-goal from Unai Nunez brought Sevilla level on the hour, the home side were unable to find a winner.
With Atletico Madrid struggling for goals and Valencia still recovering after removing their coach, Sevilla have looked like the team most likely to challenge Spain’s established duo.
But after an encouraging run of form in October and November, Julen Lopetegui’s side have managed only one win from their last four league matches.
Qualification for the Champions League may soon be the best they can hope for, which would be no mean feat after they signed 13 players and sold 15 last summer, as well as hiring a new coach.
Gaizka Garitano’s side took the lead in the 15th minute after an excellent control and finish from Capa, with Kenan Kodro finding the net again shortly after only for the goal to be ruled out for offside.
Jesus Navas, making his 500th appearance for Sevilla, almost set up an equaliser only for Luuk de Jong’s finish from six yards to come back off the post.
- Sevilla miss chance to catch Real with draw against BilbaoReuters India
- Sevilla 1-1 Athletic Bilbao: Hosts blow chance to go within two points of La Liga leaders BarcelonaDaily Mail
- Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao live streaming: Watch La Liga online, preview, prediction and odds101 Great Goals
- Sevilla needs own-goal to draw 1-1 with BilbaoWashington Post
- SEV vs ATH Dream11 Prediction: Team Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao Best Dream 11 Team for La Liga 2019-20The Sportsrush (blog)
- Soccer Friday: Miller picks Bordeaux vs Le Mans in the Coupe de France and Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao in La LigaBettors Insider
- Sevilla FC vs Athletic Bilbao Football Dream 11 PredictionSomaliupdate Online
- Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao La Liga: Preview, Prediction, Predicted Lineups and Live StreamTime Bulletin
- SEV Vs ATH Dream11 Prediction, Top Picks, Schedule And All Match DetailsRepublic World