LOS ANGELES (AP) — On the night before his 35th birthday, LeBron James reached another milestone.
James became the ninth player in NBA history with 9,000 assists during the Los Angeles Lakers' 108-95 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday.
“We have done a much better job of living in the paint the past couple games, making great decisions and being aggressive."
Luka Doncic led Dallas with 19 points but struggled from the field one night after getting his ninth triple-double of the season.
The Mavericks committed four turnovers during a spurt that led to seven Lakers points, including a pair of dunks by Howard.
Doncic got to shake hands with Lakers great Kobe Bryant courtside after the game and said he was surprised.
- Shaq Says Kawhi's Clippers are Better than LeBron's LakersHeavy.com
- Davis leads Lakers past banged-up MavsReuters
- NBA Wrap: LeBron's Lakers beats Doncic's Mavericks, Pelicans downs RocketsSportstar
- Dallas Mavericks 95-108 LA LakersSky Sports
- Following ankle injury, Lakers' Kuzma now on solid footingYardbarker
- Basketball: Lakers outmuscle Mavericks, Thunder surprise RaptorsCNA
- LeBron logs in milestone as Lakers outmuscle MavericksRappler
- LeBron shows selfless side as Lakers beat Doncic's MavericksYahoo Movies UK
- Lakers outmuscle Mavericks as LeBron hits assist milestonePhilippine Star