Instead, the long-anticipated new IP didn’t hit the mark, despite giving players a chance to live their Iron Man dreams.
In a blog post published on September 17, BioWare head of live services Chad Robertson says that the plans for regular Anthem content updates is on hold.
The roadmap is being shelved in favor of seasonal updates and focus on fixing the game’s Core Issues.
These events will deliver challenges and chases similar to what you’ve seen, and are built around some fun themes we’re bringing to the game.”
Multiplayer parties had to wait around as friends advanced the story in single-player narrative moments to be able to continue on into the action.
“We brought together these two groups of players who were making this emotional value calculation on two different vectors,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson told GameDaily at E3 2019 .
- Anthem: BioWare replaces Acts with seasonal updatesDen of Geek UK
- Anthem To Follow “Seasonal Updates,” Ditches Previously Announced “Acts”MMORPG.com
- BioWare Explains What's Next For 'Anthem,' And It's Not Terribly ReassuringForbes
- Anthem is winding down into maintenance modeTweakTown
- Anthem will scrap its post-launch content to fix the game's 'core issues'Videogamer.com
- BioWare Releases 'What's Next for Anthem' Post, Doesn't Talk About Long-Term PlansGame Rant
- Bioware Addresses Player Concerns, Longterm Support For 'Anthem'Bloody Disgusting
- BioWare hopes to fix 'Anthem' by swapping acts for seasonal updatesEngadget
- Anthem Joins EA Access, Bioware Promises Updates with Meaningful ImprovementsSoftpedia News