If Henry misses substantial time — if we get an updated timeline sounding more like Watt's than Schefter's initial report — it's possible we hear about Gates making yet another return.
3 and 4 wide receivers Dontrelle Inman and Travis Benjamin each ran a route on about half of Rivers' dropbacks in Week 1.
If Williams also misses time, there's a substantial role here for Inman in particular, who caught 58 balls on 97 targets for 810 yards for the then-San Diego Chargers back in 2016 in his best NFL season.
Travis Benjamin would also likely see additional routes and targets, but he'd top out as a boom-or-bust deep threat; his skill set doesn't overlap well enough with what the Chargers would need, which is other short and intermediate options.
In terms of ranking him as an add, he'd be less appealing than pretty much any of the Week 1 stars, including Terry McLaurin , John Ross , Marquise Brown , A.J.
Here are some Potential Replacement Options if you rostered Henry, ranked by priority and including some more obvious names if you're playing in a shallower league or your waivers haven't run yet.
- NFL notebook: Chargers again lose Henry to a knee injuryPress Herald
- Chargers TE Hunter Henry Injured: 3 Replacements for Your Fantasy TeamHeavy.com
- WATCH: Chargers TE Hunter Henry placed on IR after knee fractureFor The Win
- Week 2 opponent: What the Chargers are sayingdetroitlions.com
- Chargers' Henry suffers fracture to left kneeESPN
- The bad news and good news of Hunter Henry's injuryThe San Diego Union-Tribune
- Chargers' Hunter Henry out indefinitely because of a fracture in left kneeLos Angeles Times
- Chargers tight end Hunter Henry suffers tibia plateau fracture to left kneeYahoo Sports
- Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler Fantasy Outlook After Hunter Henry's Knee InjuryBleacher Report