After Houston's Justin Verlander no-hit the Blue Jays on September 1, Toronto lost twice at Atlanta and was swept in a four-game series at Tampa Bay.
Derek Law pitched one inning, Tim Mayza got two outs in the eighth and Jordan Romano got the third, and Ken Giles finished in the ninth for his 19th save in 20 opportunities.
Red Sox: Manager Alex Cora said LHP David Price (cyst, left wrist) continues to throw but is unlikely to return to the mound during the current road trip.
The brother of former Toronto coach and current front office executive Shelley Duncan died of brain cancer last week.
Red Sox: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (3-10, 5.66) made his Boston debut as an opener against the Yankees on Sept. 6, striking out four in two scoreless innings.
- Tellez Homers To Propel Blue Jays Past Red SoxWLNE-TV (ABC6)
- Rowdy Tellez torches Red Sox againBoston Herald
- Red Sox lose opener of series in TorontoThe Boston Globe
- Toronto Blue Jays edge Boston Red Sox 4-3 to end seven-game losing streakCTV News
- Despite work behind plate, Christian Vazquez getting it done at plateThe Boston Globe
- Red Sox 3, Blue Jays 4: Playing out the stringOver The Monster
- Red Sox Notes: Alex Cora Says How Nathan Eovaldi Can Improve EfficiencyNESN.com
- Red Sox Wrap: Boston Drops Fourth Straight In 4-3 Loss Vs. Blue JaysNESN.com
- Blue Jays edge Red Sox to end 7-game losing streakCBC.ca