Team17's chief executive Debbie Bestwick said: "This is our first game launch in this genre and our first on this scale and relies on strong communication and strategy between players."
She said the firm's Wakefield team were very much involved in the development of the game, providing engineering support and the back end service side.
"I'm delighted with the excellent start to 2019, delivering record revenues and operating profit in the period as well as successfully launching several high-profile games," she said.
The firm said its extensive back catalogue, including iconic titles such as Worms, Overcooked, The Escapists and Yooka-Laylee, is generating significant revenues.
Sony and Microsoft have both announced they will be launching their next generation consoles in 2020, which will incorporate upgraded technology, architecture and graphics capabilities.
The level of impact caused by the services remains to be seen, but we are well placed to benefit due to the increased number of distribution channels and IP we look after."
- Yorkshire video games studio Team17 doubles profitsBusinessCloud
- Game launches provide half-year boost for Team17Insider Media
- UK Game Maker Famous for Worms Takes Pass on Apple ArcadeBloombergQuint
- Team17 revenue almost doubles after video game releasesShares magazine
- Yorkshire Game Developer “delighted” with record-breaking performance in half year resultsProlific North