The first spot in the 2019 US Open Cup final is up for grabs on Tuesday night, as Orlando City takes on Atlanta United at Exploria Stadium.
ET start time) won’t be on regular TV in the US, but you can watch it right here via ESPN+ , the digital streaming service from ESPN that has exclusive coverage of the US Open Cup and other live sports, all the 30-for-30 documentaries and additional original content all for $4.99 per month.
Orlando City currently sit in ninth place in the MLS Eastern Conference standings, and though they’re only four points below New England for the final playoff spot, they are in danger of missing the postseason for the fifth consecutive season.
Nevertheless, even if they ultimately fall short of their first MLS playoff berth in franchise history, a trip to the US Open Cup final would help provide a more positive outlook on the season.
They’ve previously never advanced past the quarters at the Open Cup, so getting to the final would be a massive accomplishment for the young-but-improving club.
“It’s impossible not to think about winning a trophy and we are going full for the Open Cup,” Atlanta coach Frank de Boer said .
- Atlanta United must overcome poor away mentality in US Open Cup semifinal at Orlando CityPro Soccer USA
- Atlanta United's Martinez named MLS Player of the MonthAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Josef Martínez to miss US Open Cup semifinal vs. Orlando City with injuryFOX 5 Atlanta
- Orlando City 0-0 Atlanta United: LIVE Stream and UpdatesVAVEL.com
- By The Numbers: US Open Cup SemifinalOrlando City SC (press release) (blog)
- In 20 years at the helm, Don Garber has overseen the transformation of MLSThe Athletic
- Josef Martinez injured, will not travel for US Open Cup semiWSB Atlanta
- Josef Martinez picked as the MLS player of the monthAS English
- Power Rankings: Philadelphia Union, DC United going in opposite directionsMLSsoccer.com