Just two days after a focused and calm Nick Kyrgios stormed to his sixth-career title by winning the Washington Open , the controversial Aussie has engaged in a bizarre blow-up at an umpire over a towel.
In action at the Canadian Open against Kyle Edmund on Tuesday, Kyrgios was incensed when he didn’t have a white towel courtside for the start of the match.
“I’m not allowed to leave the chair,” the umpire told Kyrgios, who responded: “But you have a radio, I asked you at the start of the match.”
Earlier , Ashleigh Barty was knocked out of the Canadian Open's first round by home hope Sofia Kenin, leaving her World No.1 ranking hanging by a thread.
Tomljanovic was trailing Polish ace Iga Swiatek 4-1 in the first set of their match when she pulled the plug.
However it wasn’t all bad news with John Millman needing more than two-and-a-half hours to battle past Spanish veteran Feliciano Lopez 6-7 (7-4) 7-6 (7-2) 6-3.
- Nick Kyrgios blows up in his weirdest on court rant yetNEWS.com.au
- Canadian Open: Nick Kyrgios throws bizarre 'tantrum' over towels7NEWS
- Kyle Edmund told what he must do to beat Nick Kyrgios at Rogers CupExpress.co.uk
- WATCH: The best moments from Kyrgios' DC titleTennis Magazine
- The Stat Sheet: Kyrgios shows he knows the hard stuffBaseline
- Nick Kyrgios vs Kyle Edmund live streaming: Canadian Open preview101 Great Goals
- 'He's a bum? What does that make you?' Australian tennis bad boy Nick Kyrgios lashes hecklers who interrupted his ...Daily Mail
- Tennis pro Nick Kyrgios takes a fan to taskYahoo News UK
- Kyrgios triumphs in WashingtonNews of Bahrain- DT News (press release)