If you're in the zone, you can't build or use certain features - so players of a certain type will gravitate towards arenas like this as the map continues to shift and morph.
Given that Epic Games chose to vault the semi-auto Sniper Rifle at the start of the season, the introduction of this new automatic version seems like a good compromise.
(Pic: Epic Games) Original Story - Brace yourselves, Battle Royale fans - Fortnite is probably due for content update tomorrow.
Trending Ahead of Fortnite Season 9's first update, Epic announced downtime for the game would begin at 9am BST.
Over the last day, we've sen a new beacon added to the Dusty Depot area of the map in the game - we're not sure exactly what the point of this new device is, but we do know that it sends a tall beam of energy into the sky that appears to open a rift (hence the name).
In-game data appears to hint at old Western-style music, buildings and textures... meaning we could soon see Fortnite get a taste of Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Fortnite players are getting destroyed by the new BRUTE mech, and they're not happy about itTrustedReviews
- First Fortnite Champion Series Starts on August 17The Indian Wire
- Fortnite season 10 challenges, prestige missions and where to find stop signsCNET
- Fortnite season 10: Rift beacon activates in Neo Tilted and mechs storm the mapCNET
- Fortnite v10.00 early patch notes - Automatic sniper rifle, potential BRUTE nerf, and map changesDexerto
- Fortnite Season X Moisty Palms Location LeakedScreen Rant
- Fortnite may be mashing locations together, starting with 'Moisty Palms'The Daily Dot
- Fortnite Moisty Palms Location LeakedGame Rant
- 'Fortnite's Season X Rifts Will Constantly Reshape the MapInverse