ROSSBURG, Ohio — As fireworks ignited on the backstretch moments after Thursday night’s Eldora Dirt Derby, a heated exchange between Ben Rhodes and Tyler Dippel provided a different kind of fiery display.
02 Young’s Motorsports Chevrolet, reaching into the cockpit before a NASCAR official and crew members separated them.
The altercation stemmed from an incident after the final restart with two laps remaining in the Gander Outdoors Truck Series showdown at Eldora Speedway.
The pair traded paint and sheet metal on the cool down lap before it came to a head.
2 GMS Racing Chevrolet, roughed him up in Turn 2, resulting in significant damage to the left side of Rhodes’ machine.
This year’s regular season, which concludes for the Gander Trucks next week at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 10, has been a trying one for Rhodes.
- Stewart Friesen scores first Gander Trucks victory, wins at EldoraNASCAR
- Truck Series results, point standings after EldoraNBC Sports - Misc. (blog)
- Friesen pulls away on dirt at Eldora for 1st Trucks victoryNew Delhi Times
- Eldora truck race: Live updates, results, highlights from NASCAR's 2019 Dirt DerbySporting News
- NASCAR Truck Series: Stewart Friesen earns first win at 2019 Eldora Dirt DerbyBeyond the Flag
- Rhodes & Dippel Come To Blows After Dirt DerbySPEED SPORT (press release)
- Finally! Stewart Friesen Is A Truck Series WinnerSPEED SPORT (press release)
- Stewart Friesen Earns First Career Victory with 2019 Eldora Dirt Derby WinFrontstretch.com (blog)
- Eldora qualifying race resultsYahoo Sports