Oppo Flagship Chinese smartphones coming this fall will likely have displays that drastically curve along the left and right edges.
The aforementioned leaker Ice Universe had revealed weeks ago that the upcoming Huawei Mate 30 Pro and Vivo Nex 3 will both sport similar drastic Screen curvature.
Ben SinAn image tweeted by Ice Universe, showing the screen protector currently in production for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro.
I fully agree with, and have written about the latter, by the way, I am just that superficial about smartphone designs that I willingly sacrifice a bit of usability for a sexier looking device.
If we look at the status of smartphone design trends in 2019, it’s not an overestimate to say Chinese phones have been pushing the boundaries and more forward looking than American and South Korean companies.
Oppo has proven it can make excellent hardware with the Reno 10X Zoom, and this upcoming device should feel every bit as premium.
- OnePlus 8 release date: The phone's display could see an update with a “waterfall screen” designExpert Reviews
- Oppo Engineers Created a Smartphone with a “Waterfall Screen”The Coin Shark (press release) (blog)
- OPPO's latest concept phone features a “waterfall screen”Ausdroid
- Here's Why The Oppo Waterfall Screen Design Will Be A FailTechMalak (blog)
- Oppo shows off 'waterfall screen' phone with ultra-curved edgesBrinkwire (press release)