France forward Antoine Griezmann agreed to join the Spanish champions on Friday after Barcelona said it paid the buyout clause to free him from rival Atletico Madrid.
Griezmann will strengthen an attack led by Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez after agreeing to sign a five-year contract, the Spanish champions said.
A World Cup champion with France last year, Griezmann will give coach Ernesto Valverde a third true scorer with Messi and Suárez, in addition to young winger Ousmane Dembele.
Its last European title was in 2015, and the team collapsed in the second leg of last year's semifinal when Liverpool overturned a 3-0 loss by dealing Barcelona a humiliating 4-0 defeat.
It could also increase the chances that Barcelona will consider parting ways with Brazil attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho, who has failed to meet the expectations generated by his club-record transfer in January 2018.
Born in Macon in eastern France, Griezmann moved to Spanish club Real Sociedad at age 14 to train at its youth academy.
- Barcelona sign Griezmann for 120 million euros after lengthy pursuitReuters
- Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Juventus end Pogba interest to leave way clear for Real MadridGoal.com
- Antoine Griezmann signs for Barcelona in $135 million dealCNN International
- How Will Griezmann's Arrival Impact Barcelona?beIN SPORTS USA
- Barcelona bag Griezmann after stumping up 120 million eurosYahoo News
- Antoinne Griezmann Transfer: Stats Show Likely Impact Of Barcelona's RaidNESN.com
- Antoine Griezmann joins Barcelona: La Liga giants announce the signing of former Atletico Madrid starCBSSports.com
- Antoine Griezmann: Barcelona confirm signing of Atletico Madrid striker in €120m dealYahoo Sports
- BREAKING: Antoine Griezmann has signed with FC Barcelona from Atletico Madrid for €120 millionBavarian Football Works