Fiat Chrysler says a software error can inadvertently disable the air bags and a device that tightens seat belts before a crash.
The company said its research indicates "the potential for such an event is highly remote," according to statement.
"Further, the Company is unaware of any related injuries or accidents," the statement said.
Dealers will either replace computers that control the air bags or update software.
Truck owners can also call 1-800-853-1403 if they have questions, Fiat Chrysler said.
- 300000 Ram 1500s Recalled for Potential to Disable Airbags and Seat Belt RestraintsJalopnik
- FCA is recalling nearly 296K 2019 Ram 1500s for faulty airbag softwareCNET
- Dodge Ram Truck Recall 2019: Software Problem May Disable Airbags Causing Them Not To Inflate Before A CrashInternational Business Times
- FCA recalls 343K new Ram trucks due to risk air bags could fail to deploy in crashMLive.com
- FCA Recalls 296000 2019 Ram 1500 Pickups for Non-Deploying AirbagsCar and Driver
- Airbags on some 2019-2020 Ram 1500 pickups might not workAutoblog (blog)
- Fiat Chrysler recalls Ram pickup trucks worldwideWILX-TV
- Ram 1500 Hit With Yet Another Major Quality IssueCarBuzz
- Chrysler Recalls 343000 Ram 1500 TrucksCarComplaints.com