Despite constant teases and a recent cameo in Ghost Recon Wildlands , it appears that Ubisoft is not actively producing a new Splinter Cell game.
In a recent episode of Kotaku's podcast , reporter Jason Schreier stated that the company isn't actively working on a return for Sam Fisher.
While Schreier has an incredible track record with things like this, savvy readers should note the wording he used.
Copying Hitman is a bad idea and trying to go the Metal Gear Solid V route doesn't make a whole lot of sense for this series.
With Ubisoft focusing on "live service" games more recently, maybe there just isn't a future for Sam Fisher after all.
READER COMMENTS LOADING BELOW...LET'S KEEP THE COMMUNITY GREAT You're not expected to always agree, but do please keep cool and never make it personal.
- Reportedly, Ubisoft Does Not Have a New Splinter Cell Game in DevelopmentPlayStation LifeStyle
- Rainbow Six PvE Shooter and a Zelda-Styled RPG Rumored for E3; Splinter Cell Not HappeningWccftech
- Report: A New Splinter Cell Isn't Releasing Anytime SoonComicbook.com
- Ubisoft doesn't have a Splinter Cell game in production – reportVG247
- Ubisoft may be working on a new 'small-scope' RPG similar to Breath of the WildTechRadar
- Ubisoft might be announcing a new RPG game with a Breath of the Wild art style at E3 2019GamesRadar
- Ubisoft Might Reveal New “Small-Scale RPG” At E3 – RumourGamingBolt
- Ubisoft Has No New Splinter Cell in Production, According to a ReportPlay Crazy Game
- Ubisoft isn't Making a New Splinter Cell Game, Say SourcesGame Rant