Los Angeles is a slight -110 road favorite on the MLB odds in Chicago at sportsbooks monitored by OddsShark.com.
Kenta Maeda takes the hill for the Dodgers against Jose Quintana and the Cubs who are +100 underdogs at home.
The only thing holding Los Angeles back from an even better record is its struggling bullpen which has an ERA of 4.81.
Cody Bellinger has had a remarkable season at the plate thus far ranking best in the MLB in batting average (.424) and second only to Christian Yelich in home runs (11) and RBI (28).
Jose Quintana has been a big part of that turnaround; since giving up eight earned runs in three innings against the Milwaukee Brewers back on April 5, Quintana has pitched seven innings with no earned runs in each of his last two starts and struck out 18 batters over that stretch.
The series continues on Wednesday with a projected pitching matchup of Walker Buehler vs. Cole Hamels and then wraps up on Thursday with Ross Stripling going up against Jon Lester.
- SportsTalk Live Podcast: The bullpen falters twice. Is it time to call Craig Kimbrel?NBCSports.com
- Quintana expected to start for Chicago against Los AngelesMadison.com
- Cubs just haven't been the same since Dodgers put beating on them in 2017 NLCSChicago Sun-Times
- 4 takeaways from the Cubs-Diamondbacks series, including a suddenly dominant rotation and some 1st-inning booingChicago Tribune
- Chicago Cubs welcome Dodgers back to Wrigley FieldChicago Daily Herald
- The Rundown: Winter Arrives at Wrigley, Dodgers Early Season Measuring Stick, Bryant's Disturbing Offensive TrendsCubs Insider (blog)
- Prediction, Preview, and OddsWinners and Whiners (blog)
- 4 takeaways from the Cubs-Diamondbacks series, including a suddenly dominant rotation and some first-inning booingBloomington Pantagraph
- Dodgers' arrival at Wrigley Field provides surging Cubs a measuring stick: 'Right now it can go either way'Herald & Review