Washington’s favorite bird man tallied three assists through Games 1 and 2, including a beauty of a no-look pass to Orpik for the OT game-winner on Saturday.
He scored one heck of a goal in Game 2 when he had some fancy footwork on display and kicked Justin Williams ’ stick out of his way to give himself room to shoot.
The penalties weren’t great, but Oshie showing up to score in a big moment to put the Caps up 2-0 is an encouraging sign.
He also almost won Game 2 for Washington in the final seconds of regulation, but Mrazek made quite the save to force OT.
Despite being in the Capitals’ lineup for both games, Christian Djoos only played a total of 13:32, including a measly 5;44 on Saturday afternoon.
He got the passing sequence for Oshie’s goal in Game 2 started, facilitating a good zone exit with Niskanen .
- The Narrative: Shout Volume, Coffee is for Closers and Loose the DjoosJapers' Rink
- The hot lap makes a triumphant playoff return for the CapsNBCSports.com
- NHL Playoffs 2019 Roundup: Columbus and New York up 3-0, St. Louis and Vegas take 2-1 leadsNBCSports.com
- Caps now the betting favorite to repeat as Stanley Cup champs106.7 FM The Fan Radio Station
- Caps up 2-0 on Canes despite not playing their 'best game yet'106.7 FM The Fan Radio Station
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Power Rankings: Mission accomplished… so farYahoo Sports
- Enjoy the sounds of Caps fans honking 'Let's Go Caps' in the parking deck after Game Two overtime winRussian Machine Never Breaks (blog)
- It's back! Alex Ovechkin did a hot lap ahead of the Capitals' first away game of the 2019 playoffs.Russian Machine Never Breaks (blog)