But he’d like an extension and set a deadline of Monday to get it finalized, with a report from Peter King of NBCSports.com surfacing Sunday night that Wilson will not negotiate with the Seahawks further if a deal is not struck now — not just for the rest of this year, but ever.
Wilson was pictured in one photo sitting alongside defensive tackle Jarran Reed (who also is entering the final year of his contract), at least answering one question on the day, even if many more remained uncertain.
Not pictured anywhere was defensive lineman Frank Clark, whose status also remained in question as he has yet to sign a franchise tag that would pay him $17.1 million this season while the two sides try to work out a long-term deal.
And Pro Football Talk tweeted Monday night that if the deal gets done it will be “huge numbers but with a conventional structure and nothing outside the box like future compensation tied to cap percentage.”
For instance, when Wilson signed his most recent deal he was the second-highest paid player in the NFL at $21.9 million a year, behind only Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers.
The nine ERFAs kept in the fold are: linebackers Austin Calitro and Emmanuel Ellerbee, center Joey Hunt, defensive end Branden Jackson, safetey Shalom Luani, running back J.D.
- Could Russell Wilson's demands cause him to play under franchise tag the next two years?Yahoo Sports
- Russell Wilson won't sign with Seattle Seahawks after self-imposed deadlineUPI.com
- Report: Russell Wilson's agent still meeting with SeahawksNBC Sports - NFL (blog)
- NFL notebook: QB Wilson's extension deadline approachesTheChronicleHerald.ca
- Status quo: Russell Wilson at team HQ to start offseason work as Seahawks, agent continue talksTri-City Herald
- Exploring the idea of a Russell Wilson-Denver Broncos tradePredominantly Orange
- O'Neil: Why I hope the Seahawks reach a deal with Russell Wilson nowMyNorthwest.com
- Russell Wilson: Seahawks star set for revolutionary new NFL contractExpress.co.uk
- Russell Wilson is all the news that matters for the Seahawks12th Man Rising
- FMIA: What If Arizona Doesn't Draft Kyler Murray With The No. 1 Pick?NBC Sports - NFL
- Does Russell Wilson want to stay with the Seahawks?NBC Sports - NFL
- Sources: QB Wilson won't sign after deadlineESPN
- Tyrann Mathieu on Twitter: "Russ wants New York. But you ain't heard that from T..… "Twitter