It seems like every hour there’s another article extolling the compelling reasons Team A is the perfect trade partner to take Russell Wilson off the Seahawks hands.
While they may be entertaining, they are all rooted in reality about as deeply as Shazam or Captain Marvel, depending on your comics allegiance.
I’ll take Wilson’s pronouncement that he wants to be in Seattle as having a bit more weight than random talk from people who just want to generate some buzz.
There are some key points that seem to be overlooked every time another article comes out about how the Giants are a great trade partner , or how any of the 10 teams listed here should go after Wilson.
Another major obstacle is the fact that the current collective bargaining agreement (or CBA) between the NFL and the Players Association, only runs through 2021.
Any team that trades for Wilson will face all of these difficulties, with none of the goodwill built up over seven years with the organization that didn’t think he was too short to be an NFL quarterback.
- Russell Wilson shows up for work at VMAC as contract talks continue with SeahawksSeattle Times
- NFL notebook: QB Wilson's extension deadline approachesReuters
- Could Russell Wilson's demands cause him to play under franchise tag the next two years?Yahoo Sports
- Russell Wilson won't sign with Seattle Seahawks after self-imposed deadlineUPI.com
- Report: Russell Wilson's agent still meeting with SeahawksNBC Sports - NFL (blog)
- Status quo: Russell Wilson at team HQ to start offseason work as Seahawks, agent continue talksTacoma News Tribune
- Exploring the idea of a Russell Wilson-Denver Broncos tradePredominantly Orange
- If there's no deal, which teams should call the Seahawks about Russell Wilson?NBCSports.com
- O'Neil: Why I hope the Seahawks reach a deal with Russell Wilson nowMyNorthwest.com
- FMIA: What If Arizona Doesn't Draft Kyler Murray With The No. 1 Pick?NBC Sports - NFL
- Does Russell Wilson want to stay with the Seahawks?NBC Sports - NFL
- Sources: QB Wilson won't sign after deadlineESPN
- Tyrann Mathieu on Twitter: "Russ wants New York. But you ain't heard that from T..… "Twitter