Vanderbilt basketball’s longest losing streak ever hit a new low Wednesday night, and it may not stop until next season.
This latest loss drew boos from a home crowd that witnessed a rock-bottom performance by their Commodores, who shot a season-low 29.6 percent from the field and suffered their largest losing margin of the season.
10 LSU Saturday, it will become the first SEC team to post a winless conference record in the regular season in 65 years.
Buy PhotoVanderbilt head coach Bryce Drew watches his team during the first half of their game against Arkansas at Memorial Gym Wednesday, March 6, 2019 in Nashville, Tenn. (Photo: George Walker IV / The Tennessean)
And Vanderbilt now is guaranteed to post the worst combined conference record by a men’s and women’s team at a single school in SEC history.
It was another three minutes until Aaron Nesmith made a breakaway layup for Vanderbilt's first legitimate field goal since the 13:17 mark of the first half.
- Arkansas routs Vanderbilt in NashvilleArkansas Online
- Arkansas routs Vandy 84-48 to add to Dores' season of miserySan Luis Obispo Tribune
- Vanderbilt finishes 7-23 for worst two seasons in 42 years of women's basketballThe Tennessean
- How to Watch: Arkansas at Vanderbilt247Sports
- Game 30: Arkansas Razorbacks at Vanderbilt Commodores — Open ThreadAnchor of Gold (blog)
- Arkansas vs Vanderbilt College Basketball Betting Lines, Spread, Odds and Prop BetsThe Duel
- Razorbacks Blast Hapless Vanderbilt In Nashville5newsonline.com
- SEC Basketball Predictions: Georgia/Missouri, Florida/LSU, and Vanderbilt/ArkansasSoutheast Hoops (blog)
- College basketball - AP NewsAP News