Team USA had a “bounty” on Yao Ming during the 2000 Olympics, according to Kevin Garnett , with $1 million going to whoever could posterize on the massive Chinese center.
Alas, they would have to settle for the greatest dunk in basketball history instead.
You were the first one on the court to greet Vince after the dunk, give him a little chest bump.
We had a million dollar bet on who was going to be the first person to dunk on Yao Ming.
So, the first thing I thought of when I saw Vince dunk over Frederic was oh shit, you won the million dollars.
I pushed Vince, and if you look at the clip, he almost punches me in the face by accident.
- Kevin Garnett Says 2000 Olympic Team Had a $1M Bounty to Dunk on Yao MingVladTV
- Kevin Garnett Recounts 2000 Olympics and Team USA's $1 Million 'Bounty' to ...Complex
- The $1 million 'bounty' Team USA failed to cash on Yao MingNew York Post
- Kevin Garnett Says 2000 USA Olympic Men's Basketball Team Had 'Bounty' for ...Yahoo Sports
- Team USA had $1 million bounty on Yao Ming at 2000 Olympic Games247Sports
- Team USA placed a 'bounty' on basketball freak Yao MingNEWS.com.au
- Wild revelation about USA Basketball's 'bounty' at Sydney OlympicsYahoo Sports
- Kevin Garnett says 2000 Olympic team had $1 million bounty to dunk on Yao MingYahoo Sports
- Kevin Garnett Says 2000 Olympics Team Had $1 Million Bounty for Dunking on Yao ...12up