Barcelona have emerged as the favourites to beat Chelsea to Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic, according to reports.
Jovic, 21, is enjoying the most prolific season of his career to date, and is currently the Bundesliga’s top scorer with 14 goals this term.
The Serbia international striker, who is in the second season of a two-year loan from Portuguese giants Benfica, has attracted the interest of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern Munich, but according to Goal , Barcelona are at the front of the queue for the forward.
Frankfurt have an option to buy Jovic from Benfica for just €6m this summer, and could look to turn a quick profit by immediately selling him on for around €60m.
The report claims that interested parties aren’t keen on paying the full asking price, with €35m seen as a more realistic price.
Alternatively, Jovic could join Bayern Munich, where he would reunite with former Frankfurt coach Niko Kovac.
- Chelsea and Real Madrid leading transfer battle for £52m Frankfurt striker JovicThe Sun
- Barcelona 'leading race to sign Serbian striker Luka Jovic'Sports Mole
- Luka Jovic Transfer Rumours Rubbished by Frankfurt Director as Top European ...Football.co.uk (blog)
- Reports: Barcelona eyeing a move for Real Madrid and Chelsea targetSportskeeda
- Barcelona lead Chelsea in fight to sign Frankfurt hotshot JovicGoal.com
- Barcelona edge ahead of Chelsea in race for Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka JovicMetro
- Barcelona to battle Chelsea for Eintracht Frankfurt sensationOnefootball
- Barcelona ahead of Chelsea in transfer battle for in-form attackerCaughtOffside
- Frankfurt chief plays down Chelsea's Jovic bidRead Chelsea (blog)