Renault have put their money where their mouth is for 2019 by signing up Daniel Ricciardo to drive for them alongside Nico Hulkenberg – and now they’ve revealed the car that their sharp new driver pairing will be armed with this season, the R.S.19.
Decked out in unfamiliar yellow-and-black, Ricciardo helped his new team mate unveil their 2019 livery at Renault’s Enstone factory in the UK, while digital renderings of the R.S.19 were revealed online.
Last year’s R.S.18 gave Renault their most successful season in Formula 1 since their return to the sport in 2016, with the efforts of Hulkenberg and the now-departed Carlos Sainz comfortably helping the Anglo-French squad to net fourth place in the constructors’ standings ahead of rivals Haas .
And with the arrival of Ricciardo from Red Bull – undoubtedly the team’s hottest signing to-date – Renault will now look to step their performance up a gear for 2019, as they build towards their previously stated goal of competing for both wins and titles in either 2020 or 2021.
Meanwhile new recruit Ricciardo stated that his goal was to bring some ‘positive energy’ to Renault to help motivate them to greater things.
“Renault has a massive history in motorsport, so to be part of the next step of their Formula 1 journey is an exciting challenge,” said Ricciardo.
- Daniel Ricciardo news: What does Ricciardo REALLY think about Ferrari and ...Express.co.uk
- Formula 1 2019: Renault target top three with new carSkySports
- Renault F1 car launch: French team aim to close gap with top threeBBC Sport
- Gallery: Renault's latest Formula 1 challengerMotorsport.com, Edition: Global
- Renault take the covers off the RS19PlanetF1 (blog)
- Renault takes covers off its 2019 F1 carESPN.co.uk
- First pictures: Renault reveals its new livery for 2019RaceFans
- Renault unveils its 2019 contender, the RS19pitpass.com
- Renault launches its RS19 2019 Formula 1 carautosport.com