Manchester City are reportedly looking at a late swoop for D.C. United forward Luciano Acosta, as Paris Saint-Germain are heavily linked with a deadline day move for the player.
That form has reportedly attracted PSG, who have made a 'lucrative offer' to the Argentinian playmaker worth $10m (£7.6), according to the Washington Post.
Acosta travelled to Europe on Wednesday, according to the Post, with speculation on deadline day suggesting he would become a PSG player.
But City and another unnamed Premier League club have entered the race to sign Acosta, the report says.
It is important to stress that the MEN understands City will not be making any signings on deadline day.
Read More The Times say Mangala will see out his contract at City after the club received no serious offers for the out-of-favour defender this month.
- Arsenal's slim hopes of signing PSG midfielder Christopher Nkunku hinge on the ...The Sun
- Report: PSG Pursuing DC United's AcostabeIN SPORTS USA
- Paris Saint-Germain makes offer for DC United's Luciano AcostaWashington Post
- Why Luciano Acosta's possible PSG transfer is brilliant news for ArsenalMirror.co.uk
- Acosta receives offer from French club, leaves DC United training campWTOP
- Luciano Acosta to PSG, Man City, or nowhere? Freedom Kicks for Deadline DayBlack And Red United
- European Transfer Deadline Day: Open ThreadDirty South Soccer (blog)
- PSG to sign DC's Luciano Acosta as Neymar stand-in - sourceESPN
- Report: DC United playmaker Luciano Acosta departs camp as PSG make bidMLSsoccer.com