The Fighting Illini held with the visiting Wisconsin Badgers for much of the game, but ultimately fell short, losing 72-60 on Wednesday night at the State Farm Center in Champaign.
Bezhanishvili keeps getting better with each game he plays for coach Brad Underwood and is emerging as a post threat to opposing defenses.
Wisconsin led 32-30 at the break, as D’Mitrik Trice was fouled as time expired, and connected on both free throws.
With the score tied at 49 apiece, Jordan missed a pair of free throws, then the Badgers went on a run that they would ride to the finish.
“I thought Nate grew up tonight, and in the midst of Ethan’s game, he had to,” Wisconsin head coach Greg Gard said.
13-rated Maryland Terrapins as part of Big Ten Super Saturday of Basketball in the morning and hockey that night at Madison Square Garden.
- Reuvers scores 22 to lead Wisconsin past Illinois 72-60News & Observer
- UI basketball notes: 'I'm not there yet, but ... I'll get there'Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
- Illini hold down Happ, but offense struggles in loss to WisconsinBloomington Pantagraph
- Illini contain Badgers' Happ, but fall 72-60 lateChampaign/Urbana News-Gazette
- ILLINI LIVE: Wisconsin beats Illinois 72-60Herald & Review
- Preview and Predictions Wisconsin at Illinois247Sports
- Video: Nate Reuvers' career-high 22 points help lead Badgers to victory over ...La Crosse Tribune
- ILLINI LIVE: Wisconsin leads Illinois at halftimeHerald & Review
- Illinois men's basketball box scoreDanville Commercial News