Tiger Woods could take another significant step in the world rankings this week at Torrey Pines.
If he were to capture an eighth career title at the Farmers Insurance Open, Woods, now ranked 13th, could move as high as No.
8, while a third-place showing – and perhaps even a 10th-place finish – could put him back in the top 10 in the world for the first time since August 2014.
There figures to be plenty of volatility in the rankings, as 13 of the top 17 in the world are playing across the globe this week.
No matter how Justin Rose finishes this week at Torrey Pines, he won’t lose his top spot to Brooks Koepka.
Tiger Woods has never been one to spend much time reflecting on a victory or defeat but last year’s Tour Championship was different.
- Tiger Returns to Torrey to Face Strong Field, Strong CourseU.S. News & World Report
- Tiger Woods upbeat four months after remarkable career comebackOrlando Sentinel
- Time for Tiger Woods to deliver on 2018's promiseYahoo Sports
- 2019 Farmers Insurance Open: Top gambling picks and betting oddsGolfweek
- Farmers Insurance Open odds, picks 2019: Projected Tiger Woods finish from ...CBSSports.com
- Tiger Woods on 2018 Tour Championship finish: 'It gives me chills almost every ...CBSSports.com
- Tiger Woods 'refreshed mentally' for 2019 season debut at Torrey PinesGolfweek
- McIlroy getting reacquainted with Torrey Pinespgatour.com
- Rory McIlroy looking forward to making his debut at Torrey PinesSkySports