KCTV5 caught up with a pair of brothers who flew into KCI Saturday morning for the game they’ve been waiting for.
They now make their homes in Nashville, Tennessee and Jacksonville, Florida but every year they meet in Kansas City for opening day, it’s been in their family tradition since 1997.
“We do down to the Ameristar and we gamble a little bit and watch live music and get a Kansas City steak,” Timothy Walter, Chiefs fan, said.
“Wake up in the morning, eat breakfast and start tailgating,” Brian explained.
The Walter brothers have seen about 30 Chiefs games at Arrowhead and they’re hoping Sunday’s is one they will never forget.
- Kansas City Chiefs superfan shares tips on how to stay warm during frigid NFL ...Yahoo News
- Chiefs' suddenly stingy defense gets test in AFC title gameSFGate
- City and fans gear up for AFC title gameNews-Press Now
- AFC Championship Game won't be played on 'Frozen Tundra'KSHB
- Buyer beware: Fake Chiefs tickets reported ahead of Sunday's AFC Championship GameManhattan Mercury
- Clark Hunt to lead Chiefs in pregame drum ceremonyChiefs Wire
- One Last Gift: St. Joseph couple heads to AFC Championship game with a gift ...KQ2.com (press release) (blog)
- Three Key Matchups: AFC Championship EditionSports Al Dente (press release) (blog)
- Higgins: Watch out Kansas City, cause here they comeCape Cod Times