In the first game of Asian Cup 2019, Vietnam faced Iraq with confidence and even took the lead twice, with contributions from Nguyen Cong Phuong (pictured) in both goals.
In the second game with Iran, the strongest team in group D, Vietnam played focused football and tried not to concede.
Vietnamese fans and players had a thrilling night watching that match, after which Vietnam proceeded to the next round thanks to fair-play stats, in this case, one yellow card less than Lebanon.
In contrast, Jordan had an unexpectedly easy journey in the group stage, starting with a surprising 1-0 win against defending champions Australia, despite having only 22 percent possession.
In the third game, Jordan and Palestine played a goalless match, and the former ended their group stage journey with seven points and no goals conceded.
It is fitting, therefore, that Vietnam is considered the underdog in tonight's match against Jordan, which will kick off at 6 p.m., Hanoi time.
- Vietnam midfielder Hai's goal leads votes for best in Asian Cup group stageVnExpress International
- Vietnam vs Jordan: Quarterfinal berth within reach of Park's sideNhan Dan Online
- AFC Asian Cup 2019: 5 key facts ahead of Thailand vs China PRFOX Sports Asia
- LIVE: AFC Asian Cup 2019 – Jordan vs VietnamFOX Sports Asia
- Jordan vs Vietnam, AFC Asian Cup 2019 Live Streaming Online: How to Get Asia ...LatestLY
- Iran vs Oman live streaming: Watch online, preview, prediction & odds101 Great Goals
- Thailand vs China live streaming: Watch online, preview, prediction & odds101 Great Goals
- Hai among 10 best performers of Asian Cup's third roundsggpnews
- How To Watch Jordan vs Vietnam Live Stream Onlinethesportsdaily.com