That included Sonic Adventure , which thrusted Sega ’s zippy hero into the 3D spotlight for the first time.
Although the game hasn’t fared as well as other platformers (like, say, Super Mario 64 ), it’s still considered a classic to many.
That includes Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka, who recently shared kind words about the game while speaking with the folks at Retro Gamer .
If he had a given opportunity, he’d give the game the proper remake treatment it deserves for today’s market.
“At the time, it also wasn’t just a solitary software release, it was the title to bring people to the Dreamcast and we were given the budget to make something to showcase the hardware.
For the time being, Sega has its sights set on the forthcoming Team Sonic Racing , which is currently being worked on over at Sumo Digital.
- Iizuka Says He Wouldn't Mind Remaking Sonic AdventureMy Nintendo News (blog)
- Head of Sonic Team Would Totally Remake Sonic AdventureCOGconnected
- Sega Is Interested In A Sonic Adventure RemakeGearNuke
- Director of Sonic Adventure, Takashi Iizuka, wants to create a remakeNintendo Wire
- Head Of "Sonic Team" Has Shown Interest In Remaking The Original SONIC ADVENTUREGameFragger.com (blog)
- Top Sonic Exec Wants to Remake Sonic AdventureGamnesia
- Sonic Team Head Wants To Remake Sonic AdventureRemote Play (blog)
- Sonic Team Boss Really Wants to Remake Sonic AdventureBrinkwire (press release)