Coast Guard crews have suspended their search for a missing passenger believed to have gone overboard from a Carnival Victory Cruise Ship.
In a statement shared by the U.S. Coast Guard, 7th district search and rescue mission coordinator Cmdr.
David Aldous said "suspending a search is one of the most difficult decisions we have to make as first responders and it is never made lightly."
Aldous said he had been in contact with member's of McElhany's family "throughout our search efforts," adding that he knows "this is a very difficult and painful time for them."
Wyatt said that camera footage had shown that McElhaney had gone overboard, asserting that "it's unknown if he jumped or fell."
One Twitter user claiming to be a cousin of McElhaney's, Tiffany Jensen, commented on Wyatt's post, saying that the 26-year-old's mother would "definitely want to see the video" showing her son's final moments.
- Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of December 9, 2018Cruise Radio (blog)
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing 26-Year-Old ManPatch.com
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing cruise ship passengerWPLG Local 10
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For An Overboard Cruise Ship PassengerNBC 6 South Florida
- US Coast Guard Suspends Search for Overboard Cruise Ship Passenger South of ...SpaceCoastDaily.com
- Coast Guard suspends search for overboard cruise ship passenger off KeysWSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
- Coast Guard suspends search for overboard cruise ship passengerKATC Lafayette News
- Carnival Cruise Lines to Feature 'First Roller Coaster at Sea'Fortune
- A Carnival Cruise Passenger Has Been Reported MissingThe Inquisitr