A new survey by a graphic design company revealed that 27 percent of Americans want to see Santa rebranded as a female or a gender-neutral figure.
A whopping 17 percent said that Santa should be a “gender-neutral” figure.
“I picture a woman giving presents,” one New Jersey resident said.
“I just feel like a white, old man giving presents is kind of creepy.”
Santa Claus is based on St. Nicholas, a historical figure who lived between 270 and 343 AD.
St. Nicholas inspired the traditional Santa Claus figure due to his real-life habit of secret gift-giving.
- Netizens Make Cuckoo Sign Over 'Bulls***' Gender Neutral SantaSputnik International
- Survey finds that nearly a third of people think Santa should be female or ...JOE
- Santa Claus could get a gender neutral rebrand as part of effort to 'modernise ...The Sun
- St. Nicki? Some say Santa should be female or gender-neutral, survey showsKTSM News Channel 9
- Should Santa Claus be gender neutral? Some people think it will help ...Kent Live
- Should Santa be gender neutral? Survey shows some people think soWSB Atlanta
- Survey finds some people believe Santa Claus should be rebranded gender ...KRDO
- Survey: Some people think it's time for a female or gender-neutral SantaLexington Dispatch
- Gender Neutral Santa? A Surprising Amount Of Americans Call For 'Rebranding ...The Inquisitr