Netflix's The Innocent Man docu-series is the streaming service's latest exposé of a small town's criminal justice system gone wrong, featuring four men convicted of crimes based on very shaky — and in some cases, even imagined — evidence.
Based on John Grisham's true-story novel, The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town , the series offers an especially bleak picture of the hopelessness of the appellate process for such cases.
Although he suffered from a lifetime of undiagnosed mental illness and substance abuse, the bright spot of his post-release story is that he became friends with Carter's mother before his passing.
Dennis Fritz The single father who'd been accused of being involved in Carter's death, spent over a decade in prison before being absolved and reunited with his daughter Elizabeth.
He went on to write a book and return to his previous profession as a teacher while speaking at educational institutions about his horrific experience with America's broken justice system, but sadly, Fritz was involved in a serious car accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of the crash.
After serving 28 years of his life sentence for Haraway's disappearance — which was based on a dream he'd had about stabbing her (her body ultimately proved she was shot) — the organization applied for post-conviction relief in 2013.
- Netflix's latest true crime series Innocent Man investigates two violent ...The Sun
- The Innocent Man season 1, episode 2 recap: In DreamsShow Snob
- Staying in this weekend? Here are 5 new things on Netflix to watchHer.ie
- “The Innocent Man” Netflix series thrusts Ada murder cases back in the limelightkfor.com
- Netflix series 'The Innocent Man,' based on John Grisham book about 1980s ...NewsOK.com
- The True Story Behind The Innocent Man's Most Gruesome MurderPOPSUGAR
- The Innocent Man Tells Half a StoryThe Atlantic
- Who Is Glen Gore? The Innocent Man Ending ExplainedRefinery29
- How Are The Innocent Man's Debbie Carter & Denice Haraway Connected?Refinery29