ET was with Mr. Worldwide at his Hand and Footprint Ceremony at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on Friday, where he shared a message to his Latinx fans who want to achieve his level of success.
The 37-year-old rapper has opened up a variety of charter schools -- SLAM Sports Leadership and Management -- around the country since 2013.
During his emotional acceptance speech, Pitbull thanked his fans as well as his family for believing in him and getting him to where he is now.
"I want to say for being a first generation Cuban-American, that has taken full advantage of what the freedom of the United States of America is and how you can be the epitome of the American Dream, I want you to take this as an example," he said.
"There is no way I would be up here if it wasn't for abuelita , my grandmother, mi tia , my aunt, my superhero of a mom, mami ," he continued.
"A mi papá , and to my whole family that struggled real hard for me to have the opportunity to be born here in the United States of America."
- John Travolta declares Pitbull one of the 'greatest entertainers' ever in the ...Metro
- Rapper Pitbull makes history in cementDeccan Chronicle
- Pitbull celebrates hand and footprint ceremony days after upsetting Toto fans ...Metro
- Pitbull honored with hand and footprint ceremonyWSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
- Rapper Pitbull places his hand and footprints in cement – watched by John TravoltaNews 1st (press release)