Scandella was on the ice for the morning skate but limped off early while coach Phil Housley said Berglund is being re-evaluated later today.
Nathan Beaulieu will be in on defense and Evan Rodrigues is back at forward after sitting the last three games as a healthy scratch.
Carter Hutton will be in goal against Philadelphia's Alex Lyon, making his first start of the season after getting called up last week from Lehigh Valley of the AHL.
Home cooking I: The Sabres want to serve up the turkey and stuffing tonight downtown, where they're already 6-2-1 – after going just 11-25-5 here last year.
"You look around the league at teams that have that real home-ice advantage and it's the sort of environment where you know you're in for a battle every time you go in there," said captain Jack Eichel.
"Even though we lost our first game, I thought the guys did a terrific job facing some adversity right off the bat," Housley said.
- Sabres prospect Lawrence Pilut emerging as 'new age defenseman'Buffalo News
- Sabres' Marco Scandella: Will not play WednesdayCBSSports.com
- Sabres recall AHL leading-scorer Lawrence PilutWKBW-TV
- Sabres' Nathan Beaulieu starting to showcase old formbuffalohockeybeat.com
- Sabres recall defenseman Lawrence PilutDie By The Blade
- The Sabres bring up Lawrence PilutWBEN (blog)
- Sabres have developed 'a little bit of cockiness' during winning streakbuffalohockeybeat.com
- Sabres recall rookie Lawrence Pilut from Amerksbuffalohockeybeat.com
- Sabres recall defenseman Pilut, place Berglund on injured reserveBuffalo News