The Boston Celtics made it to the Eastern Conference finals last season despite going through the playoffs without a number of players, including Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward .
Everyone expected that the return of that talented duo would lead to the Celtics becoming an Eastern Conference powerhouse this season, but it hasn't happened.
Nearly a month into the regular season, the Celtics are just 7-6, sitting at fifth place in the East, and already four and a half games behind the Toronto Raptors .
Speaking to the Gary Washburn, Gordon Hayward said he's open to a change if it helps the team win.
As for Hayward, he's shooting just 39 percent from the field and hasn't regained his rhythm on the floor after missing all of last season.
The current starting lineup features the team's five most talented players, and longterm offers them their best chance for success.
- Boston Celtics: What Went Wrong on the Road Trip and How to Fix ItHardwood Houdini
- Gordon Hayward says he's willing to do what it takes to help the Celtics winBoston.com
- Gordon Hayward Willing To Come Off Bench, But Celtics Unlikely To Change LineupNESN.com
- Celtics Vs. Bulls Live Stream: Watch NBA Game OnlineNESN.com
- Gordon Hayward Willing To Come Off Bench For CelticsCBS Boston
- Yes, the Celtics are off to a sluggish start, but they have all the pieces to ...CBSSports.com
- Marcus Smart addressed his outburst during the Celtics' abysmal road tripBoston.com
- Marcus Morris out for Celtics due to illnessESPN
- Celtics' Marcus Morris: Out with illnessCBSSports.com