Milwaukee – Marc Gasol scored 29 points, Mike Conley added 26 and the Memphis Grizzlies used a late 15-2 run to beat Milwaukee 116-113 on Wednesday night, handing the Bucks their first home loss of the season.
After losing a 15-point lead in the third quarter, Memphis surged ahead again late and held on with key baskets from Conley.
With the shot clock winding down, Conley hit a turnaround jumper in the middle of the lane for a 113-109 lead with 26 seconds left.
The Bucks inbounded the ball to their best 3-point shooter, Khris Middleton, but he missed near the top of the arc with two defenders in his face as time expired.
One of the NBA’s most prolific 3-point shooting teams, Milwaukee couldn’t overcome a cold-shooting night from the arc.
The Bucks got back in it with a 19-2 run spearheaded by defense and energetic guard Pat Connaughton, who had 16 points on 6-of-9 shooting and added six rebounds.
- Memphis Grizzlies vs Milwaukee Bucks Game PreviewGrizzly Bear Blues
- Bucks vs. Grizzlies Game ThreadBrew Hoop
- Grizzlies at Bucks live stream: How to watch onlineFanSided
- Memphis Grizzlies at Milwaukee Bucks (-9.5)Metro US
- Grizzlies 116, Bucks 113: Cold shooting, Memphis run end Milwaukee's home ...Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Milwaukee Bucks are a legitimate contender in the NBADairyland Express
- Gasol, Grizzlies hold off Bucks late for 116-113 winNew Zealand Herald
- BC-BKN--Grizzlies-BucksThe Courier-Express
- BC-BKN--Grizzlies-Bucks,494The Courier-Express