Get ready to travel back to the 1600s for a clash of clans in the Japanese late Sengoku period: Team Ninja has just announced Nioh 2 with an incredible teaser trailer, sending crowds at E3 into a frenzy!
Synopsis: Nioh is set in 1600 within a fictionalized dark fantasy version of the late Sengoku period, a time when the clans of Japan were at war prior to the unification under the Tokugawa shogunate and the beginning of the Edo period.
Amidst the fighting and high death toll, yokai have appeared and begun wreaking havoc across the land: major yokai threats that appear in the game include Hinoenma, Jorōgumo, and a Yuki-onna born from the spirit of the wife of Oda Nobunaga following the Honnō-ji incident.
The game opens with a narration by William describing Amrita, a mystical golden stone found in abundance in Japan that is sought by the government of Queen Elizabeth I to secure victory over Spain.
While being held in the Tower of London, William breaks out with the help of his Spirit Guardian Saoirse, a being born from the prayers of his home village who saved him from death when he was a boy and now prevents him from dying.
Stay tuned for additional Nioh news, as we’ll be meeting with the developers later this week; expect some exclusives!
HALLOWEEN Set Visit: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, and Andi Matichak on Three Generations of Strodes
- Nioh 2 Announcement Trailer Surprises at E3 2018Game Rant
- Team Ninja teases 'Nioh 2' for PS4Engadget
- E3 2018: Nioh 2 Announced at Sony Press ConferenceIGN
- E3 2018: Sony Reveals Nioh 2 From Team Ninja With New TrailerGameSpot
- Nioh 2 Teaser Trailer and Release DateDen of Geek US
- Nioh 2 revealed during PlayStation E3 presentationPolygon
- 'Nioh 2' Revealed at Sony's E3 2018 Press ConferenceVariety
- Nioh 2 announced at Sony's E3 press conferencePC Gamer
- Sony announces Nioh 2 from Team NinjaVentureBeat