Manage (Photo: David Liam Kyle, Getty)In Game 1 of the second round matchup between Cleveland and Toronto, the Cavs narrowly beat the Raptors in overtime by winning 113-112.
I’m not saying the officials are right or wrong, but as a league I think we owe it to the players and the fans, that’s why we have the replay centre is to look at it."
It doesn't truly help him but Casey may now feel some form of validation as the NBA's Last Two Minute Report states that Love should've been called for a Flagrant Foul 1.
Love (CLE) swings his elbows and makes contact with DeRozan (TOR).
Kevin Love’s (CLE) foul against DeMar DeRozan (TOR) at 1:11 of 4th quarter on 5/1/18 upgraded to a Flagrant 1 upon league office review.
So overall, Love not being called for a flagrant didn't have a direct impact on the final result of the game.
- Why the referees not calling a flagrant foul for Kevin Love's elbow is worse ...SB Nation
- Report: Cavaliers players fined $100 for biting on DeRozan pump fakeSportsnet.ca
- NBA says Kevin Love should have been given flagrant foul in game 1 against ...WKYC.com
- NBA retroactively gives Kevin Love flagrant foul, but rules DeMar DeRozan ...Yahoo Sports
- NBA: Kevin Love's elbow to DeMar DeRozan should've earned flagrantESPN
- Kevin Love assessed flagrant foul for elbow to DeMar DeRozan's face late in Game 1cleveland.com
- The Bench Mops: Raptors Bench is Being ExposedRaptors Rapture
- Foul by Cavaliers' Love on Raptors' DeRozan upgraded to Flagrant 1Sportsnet.ca
- Love elbow on DeRozan upgraded to flagrant 1 a day after Cavs' OT Game 1 win ...Times Colonist