BOSTON — Celtics fans had their say on the ongoing Rookie of the year debate during Game one of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Mass Live’s Tom Westerholm and NBC Sports Philly’s Jess Camerato weighed in on the rookie of the year debate on this week’s Celtics Beat on the CLNS Media Network with host Adam Kaufman.
“The ‘not a rookie’ chants for Ben Simmons – I would almost call them ill advised,” Westerholm said.
Ben’s vision line for his career goes so far beyond what he’s able to accomplish in year one,” said Camerato.
Camerato says Simmons doesn’t care but Sixers point forward definitely looked a bit perturbed when asked about the Garden chants after the game.
However, due to the fact that he played on a deep team with so many other scorers Tatum is not really in the rookie of the year conversation.
“I think [Tatum] knows how dominant he would have been as a rookie on a team that just asked him to score all season,” Westerholm told Kaufman.
- Tatum vs Simmons & Why 'Not a Rookie' Chant May Backfire on CelticsCLNS Media (blog)
- Another Ironic & Bad Jab at Ben SimmonsNBC 10 Philadelphia
- Philadelphia 76ers: The fatal flaw of Ben Simmons' gameSection 215
- Scottie Pippen Would Give The 'Organic' Donovan Mitchell His Rookie Of The ...UPROXX
- Which rookie postseason star is the real ROY?ESPN
- Ben Simmons shrugs off Celtics fans' tauntsThe Australian
- NBA Metrics 101: How Will Simmons, Mitchell Rank Among Rookie Playoff Debuts?Bleacher Report
- Boston Celtics: Jayson Tatum is putting NBA on noticeChowder and Champions
- McCAFFERY: Boston's Tatum showing why trading up to get Markelle Fultz was ...Delco News Network