Late in the half, the Celtics were simply beating the Sixers down the floor, flourishing in transition and having way too many open shooters.
No question, coach Brett Brown should have called a timeout, not only to stop the momentum but also because the Sixers looked out of gas.
Right before being replaced in the fourth quarter, McConnell fed Ersan Ilvasova for a layup.
McConnell had eight points, hitting all four field goal attempts, five assists, two steals and no turnovers.
When McConnell was replaced by Simmons with 5 minutes and 29 Seconds Left in the fourth quarter, the Sixers held a 93-91 lead.
The Sixers can’t be competitive if Simmons is just playing ordinary and he was below that, finishing with one point, seven assists but five turnovers.
With five five fouls, Joel Embiid had to be careful and that was evident when Al Horford drove by him to increase Boston’s lead to 106-101 with just 8.3 seconds left.
- The Sixers wilted again under the Celtics' hungry, physical play in NBA ...Philly.com
- Celtics Wrap: Boston Erases 22-point Deficit To Win Game 2 Vs. SixersNESN.com
- Al Horford feeling the energy for CelticsBoston Herald
- Jaylen Brown Returns For Celtics, Dunks 36 Second After Checking InCBS Boston / WBZ
- NBA playoffs live: Al Horford is scoring more, and it's helping the Celtics ...Washington Post
- 76ers vs. Celtics Game 2 odds: 2018 NBA playoffs picks, predictions from model ...CBSSports.com
- Tatum shines, Brown returns as Celtics beat 76ers 108-103FOX 61
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown tests hamstring but seems unlikely to play against ...Philly.com
- The Celtics made a 22-point deficit and Ben Simmons disappear to take a 2-0 leadYahoo Sports