The Process started in 2012 and head coach Brett Brown laid down the foundation right away.
They ranked fourth in the league in defensive efficiency and fifth in the conference in point differential, but were .500 because they weren't great in close games.
In fact, they were the worst fourth-quarter team in the league by a pretty wide margin and had lost six of the 23 games they had led by at least 15 points.
Eleven weeks later, the Sixers have closed out their first-round series with the Miami Heat on their first try, grinding through an ugly first 24 minutes and putting the Heat away with a 58-45 second half to earn a 104-91, Game 5 victory and a trip to the conference semifinals, where they will meet the Boston Celtics or the Milwaukee Bucks.
Ben Simmons soars for a highlight-reel dunk.We knew they had the size to win a playoff series.
This team is really good on both ends of the floor, and this growth spurt might not be over, because the Sixers have had Embiid back for just three games, he's still getting used to the mask he's wearing to protect his face, and his offense hasn't quite returned to form.
"I feel like there's no team that has more chance for upside than we do," Brown said, "because of the youth, because we haven't had Joel for three weeks.
- NBA Playoffs: 76ers eliminate Heat, win first playoff series of Ben Simmons ...CBSSports.com
- Tuesday NBA Playoffs Takeaways: Joel Embiid Is Right That Sixers' 'Time Is Now'Bleacher Report
- With Meek Mill watching, Sixers eliminate Miami Heat; who's next?NJ.com
- 2018 NBA Playoffs: Season ends for Miami Heat, but Hassan Whiteside complaints ...CBSSports.com
- Dwyane Wade: Composed Sixers 'Are the future of the NBA' | Marcus HayesPhilly.com
- 76ers Advance as Celtics Have Bucks on Brink of EliminationNew York Times
- Five reasons the Philadelphia 76ers are the favorites in the East after ...USA TODAY
- Sixers earn some time for Joel Embiid and his mask to catch up | Bob FordPhilly.com
- Embiid, Simmons led 76ers from Process to postseason successSacramento Bee