Trailing 2-0 in a series last season against the Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens put Gerald Green into the starting lineup for Game 3.
That (plus Rajon Rondo’s injured thumb) wound up being the catalyst for Boston winning the next four games of the series, and eventually reaching the Eastern Conference finals.
Rookie forward Semi Ojeleye came into the starting lineup, replacing Australian center Aron Baynes, with the hope of providing more spacing and improved switching on defensive for the Celtics.
In a series of tweets Tuesday afternoon, rapper Meek Mill confirmed he had been released on bail from a state correction institution in Chester, Pa., five months after he’d been incarcerated for a probation violation.
Mill’s case has been championed by players across the NBA — including Sixers rookies Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz, who reportedly went to visit him in prison, as well.
Before each home game, Philadelphia has someone different serve as the team’s ceremonial bell-ringer, hitting a replica of the Liberty Bell just before tip-off to wind up the crowd inside Wells Fargo Center.
Just the idea of the rapper being court-side for Tuesday night’s game — which, if the Sixers win, will mean they advance to the second round for the first time in six years, where they’ll face either the Milwaukee Bucks or Boston Celtics, swept across the internet.
- 2018 NBA Playoffs Injury Tracker: Celtics' Marcus Smart expected to return for ...CBSSports.com
- NBA Playoffs: Live scores, updates, schedule, highlights for Bucks-Celtics ...CBSSports.com
- Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are owning the moment for BostonESPN (press release) (blog)
- Brown says Celtics' home crowd is 'best sixth man in the league'247Sports
- Bucks putting on shooting clinic rarely seen in playoffsFOXSports.com
- Celtics to get Marcus Smart back for Game 5 TuesdayProBasketballTalk (blog)
- Celtics' Marcus Smart expected to play in Game 5 vs. BucksESPN
- Celtics' Smart says he will play vs. BucksESPN (press release) (blog)
- Celtics' Smart active for Game 5 against BucksThe Audubon County Advocate Journal