(Reuters) - Verizon Communications Inc reported better-than-expected first-quarter results on Tuesday as the No.
1 U.S. wireless carrier held on to its customers with unlimited data plans.
FILE PHOTO: The Verizon logo is seen on the side of a truck in New York City, U.S., October 13, 2016.
Shares of the company rose 2.5 percent to $49.87 in premarket trading.
Net income attributable to Verizon rose to $4.55 billion, or $1.11 per share, in the first quarter ended March 31 from $3.45 billion, or 85 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts had expected adjusted earnings of $1.10 per share and revenue of $31.26 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Reporting by Shariq Khan in Bengaluru; Editing by Anil D'Silva
- Verizon Communications Profit Advances In Q1Nasdaq
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Raised to Buy at HSBCThe Ledger Gazette
- Reik & CO. LLC Has $468000 Holdings in Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ)The Lincolnian Online
- Jefferies Group Research Analysts Raise Earnings Estimates for Verizon ...The Ledger Gazette
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Position Cut by PGGM InvestmentsThe Ledger Gazette
- Verizon first-quarter results beat estimatesReuters
- UPDATE 1-Verizon first-quarter results beat estimatesReuters
- Weekly Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) Ratings on April 21, 2018Brinkwire (press release)
- Grand Jean Capital Management Upped Holding in Kkr Private Equity Inv LP R ...Herald KS