At the very least, we tend to assume robots will have good reason to be coffee-table misanthropes, like Bender from Futurama , who thinks “Hey baby, wanna kill all humans?” is a solid pick-up line.
The latest from Quantic Dream and director David Cage ( Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls ), Detroit is a branching narrative adventure with three playable characters: Markus, Kara and Connor.
Instead, though it bears little visual resemblance to the old-school, point-and-click genre, it feels similar to those LucasArts or Sierra classics by catering to the curious, those inclined to peer into bookshelves and medicine cabinets.
On-screen prompts will tell you what to do at a given moment, like swiping a finger across the trackpad to scrub dishes as Kara, or using the top trigger buttons to help Connor climb back to his after he’s knocked to the floor.
By comparison, many of the humans are far less aesthetically gifted, with sweat seeping out of their foreheads, stringy hair weighed down by grease, and rings around their eyes.
Nothing is throwaway in Detroit , and every little detail, from what’s on the shelves at the convenience store to paintings on the wall of a lavish mansion, reveal something about the game’s world, the transformation of the city and its people.
Like the best works of science fiction, Detroit nimbly weaves together the exotic and the familiar, using its near-future scenario as a means of exploring issues like systemic bias and economic inequality in a way that feels natural, not ham-fisted or preachy.
- RISING TIDE: Servant androids awaken in futuristic 'Detroit: Become Human'Rappler
- Detroit: Become Human Hands-On: It Makes Your Choices Feel Organic – IGN FirstIGN India
- Detroit: Become Human Demo Releasing TomorrowIGN India
- Play A Demo of Detroit: Become Human TonightPSX Extreme
- Video Game 'Detroit: Become Human' Blends 'AI' with 'Blade Runner' to Stellar ...Collider.com
- 'Detroit: Become Human' Forces You to Make Hard Choices — As an AndroidTIME
- Detroit: Become Human's Flowchart Is Very CoolKotaku Australia
- Detroit: Become Human Goes Gold Playable Demo Now Available for PlayStation 4AusGamers
- Detroit: Become Human PS4 Demo Coming Very SoonGameSpot