Four months into his retirement from Wfan, the Sports Pope said Tuesday morning that he’s ready to return to the station as part of a project he’s been working on with agency CAA.
The mystery plan has been in the works for months, Francesa said, and will be revealed in the coming days.
He did not say if he’s looking to return to his afternoon spot, which was filled by the trio of Chris Carlin, Maggie Gray and Bart Scott in January.
Francesa, however, alluded to a “campaign” launched by those seeking to block his return to the FAN.
Added to the potential awkwardness are the recent digs Francesa and Chris Russo took at the station and its new afternoon drive team while on Mad Dog’s MLB Network show last month.
Francesa previously said he would announce his next pursuit in April after being free to sign elsewhere at the beginning of the month.
Tags: mediawfanmike francesa Send a Letter to the Editor Join the Conversation: facebookTweet
- Mike Francesa stunner: WFAN return is coming | What it meansNJ.com
- Mike Francesa proclaims WFAN return in cryptic revenge planNew York Post
- Francesa: 'It is time to return to WFAN'Newsday
- Report: Mike Francesa to return to WFAN in some capacitySILive.com
- Longtime sports radio host Mike Francesa says: 'It is time to return to WFAN'USA TODAY
- Mike Francesa Sure Appears to Be Returning to WFAN, And This Apparent Enemy ...The Big Lead
- Tuesday's Mashup: Mike Francesa reportedly desperate to return to radioWEEI.com (blog)