Farquhar has been hospitalized since Friday, when he suffered a brain hemorrhage in the dugout caused by a ruptured aneurysm.
White Sox vice president Ken Williams confirmed the procedure on Sunday in an interview with USA Today.
“He’s a fighter, and he’s in the fight of his life right now,” Williams told USA Today’s Bob Nightengale.
A team source said the White Sox are not releasing information on the treatment Farquhar is receiving at his family’s request.
Manager Rick Renteria told reporters Sunday he had no news on Farquhar’s condition.
“Besides him being a great teammate and part of this brotherhood, I have to be respectful of his family,” starter Carson Fulmer said.
“The first thing I thought of was just how good of a father he is,” Rays infielder Brad Miller, a former teammate, told the Tampa Bay Times.
- White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar has another surgery to relieve swellingChicago Sun-Times
- Watch the Moment Pitcher Danny Farquhar Is Carried out of Dugout During White ...PopCulture.com
- Astros complete 3-game sweep over reeling White SoxChicago Daily Herald
- “It crushes us”: Chicago White Sox reeling after pitcher Danny Farquhar has ...The Denver Post
- Adolfo cruising with caution signs up aheadMLB.com
- White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar in critical but stable condition following ...ESPN
- Twins' Morrison on ailing former teammate Farquhar: 'An awesome human being'Duluth News Tribune
- White Sox look to get offense going vs. MarinersYahoo Sports
- Scouting report: White Sox vs. Seattle MarinersChicago Daily Herald