The company has used a "Made in India" branding with the latest launch to persuade buyers and notably set the price of the Vivo Y53i at Rs.
Meanwhile, Mumbai-based retailer Mahesh Telecom has posted a couple of images of the Vivo Y53i on Twitter.
As per the details available through the tweeted images, the Vivo Y53i is one of the models by the Chinese company that is being manufactured in India.
The dual-SIM Vivo Y53i runs FunTouch OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and features a 5-inch (540x960 pixels) qHD IPS display.
For storing content, the Vivo Y53i has 16GB of onboard storage that is expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB).
The Vivo Y53i price in India pits it against the Xiaomi Redmi 5 that was launched in the country in March.
Contrary to the inferior specifications of the Vivo Y53i, the dual-SIM (Nano) Redmi 5 has a 5.7-inch HD+ (720x1440 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, Snapdragon 450 SoC, up to 4GB of RAM, 12-megapixel rear camera sensor, 5-megapixel front camera sensor, and a 3300mAh battery.
- Entry-Level Vivo Y53i With SD425 Silently Launched In IndiaAndroid Headlines
- Vivo Y53i With Face Unlock Capability Launched10,000 Couples
- Vivo quietly launches Y53i with 5-inch display and Snapdragon 425 SoC for Rs 799091mobiles (blog)
- Xiaomi Mi 6X specifications leaked via alleged retail boxNewburgh Gazette
- Vivo Y53i Launched in India; Know Specifications, PriceІnsіdеr Cаr Nеws
- Vivo Targets India's Entry-Level Market With The Y53igizmochina (blog)
- Vivo quietly launches Y53i with 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage and Snapdragon 425 SoC ...Firstpost
- Vivo Y53iNDTV
- Vivo Y53i with 5-inch display, Snapdragon 425, 2GB RAM launched in India for ...Techlomedia (blog)